If you’ve ever had a form sent back to you from the Board because the date formatting was incorrect, then this tech tip is for you.
FVREB requires all dates on submitted contracts to have the date entered in the format of mm/dd/yyyy. The year must be in full; i.e. all four digits. If the date is not in this format your forms will likely be sent back to you for correction, causing a delay in getting your listing posted.
The problem is that the default setting in both Authentisign New and “Classic” for the year is two digits: mm/dd/yy.
You can make a few simple changes within Authentisign – either version – to change that default setting and you only need to make these changes once (before you send the documents to your clients for signing).
For Authentisign “Classic” users:
- After you inserted the date into your document, click on it. A pop-out will appear with a gear wheel.
2. Clicking on that gear wheel brings up a control panel showing the current date formatting.
3. From the date formatting drop down menu, change it to mm/dd/yyyy.
4. Now when you click off, your date field will show the proper date formatting meeting the Board standard. From this point forward, any dates will automatically be formatted this way.
For “New” Authentisign users:
- After you insert the date into your document, click on it. A highlighted box around the date will turn blue and your options on the righthand side of the screen will change. Showing you the current date format.
2. From the date formatting drop down menu on the righthand side, change the format to mm/dd/yyyy.
3. Click on the button Save As Default Settings on the righthand side of your screen.
4. From this point forward, any dates will automatically be formatted this way.
As with all our Tech Tips, got a question? If so, contact the Helpdesk team at 604-930-7626 or email@example.com.
Source: FVREB IT Department