by Baldev S. Gill, Chief Executive Officer
Today’s eMemo contains the following updates:
- Another Step Forward – BC Enters Step 3 of Provincial Restart Plan as of July 1, 2021
Earlier this week, we all heard the news that BC has entered into Step 3 of the Provincial Restart – A Plan to Bring Us Back Together.
Guidelines for Step 3 as outlined by BC’s Public Health Officer which impact our industry include:
STEP 3: OPEN HOUSES
The BCREA has updated its recommendations for holding open houses to align with the Step 3 directives easing COVID-19 health restrictions. Reaching this important milestone means that members may now begin holding in-person showings and open houses, once again. With this long-awaited news, however, we must remain diligent about the ongoing importance of health and safety for all.
As real estate professionals we must continue to follow the recommendations of public officials with care and professionalism. In order to mitigate risk of transmission of COVID-19, brokerages are advised to review the Communicable Disease Prevention Guide for Employers, as issued by WorkSafeBC.
STEP 3: GATHERINGS
- Personal gatherings – return to normal
- Organized gatherings – eased restrictions
- Indoor – 50 people or up to 50% capacity, whichever is greater
- Outdoor – 5,000 people or up to 50% of capacity, whichever is greater
- Indoor weddings, ceremonies, events – 50 people or up to 50% capacity, whichever is greater
- Fairs, festivals, and tradeshows – return to normal with Communicable Disease Plan
STEP 3: MASKS
- Masks are recommended in indoor public spaces for all people 12 and older who are not fully vaccinated
- Fully vaccinated means 14-days after receiving your second dose
- Some people may choose to continue to wear a mask – we all need to go at our own pace
- The Face Coverings Order under the Emergency Program Act will be lifted and no proof of vaccination will be needed
On behalf of the FVREB Board of Directors, the staff and management team, I would like to thank you for your tireless efforts and steadfast commitment to guiding, advising and protecting your clients’ interests, during these past many months.
Should you need further guidance, please contact your Managing Broker or the Board office.
Have a good weekend and stay safe.
For ongoing FVREB updates on COVID-19, please visit:
Additional COVID-19 resources: