In October, Maple Leaf Strategies polled members to gauge opinions leading up to the December 6 vote on an amalgamation between six BC boards and BCREA. This independent survey is a follow-up to the poll conducted in June.
In all, 795 members responded from these participating boards:
- Fraser Valley Real Estate Board;
- Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver;
- Kamloops and District Real Estate Association;
- Okanagan Mainline Real Estate Board;
- South Okanagan Real Estate Board; and
- BC Northern Real Estate Board.
Click here to read the results.
The results at a glance
As of October 23, 2016:
- Across all participating boards:
- 93 per cent of respondents from participating boards are aware of the initiative;
- 91 per cent intend to vote on December 6; and
- 56 per cent support the initiative, 13 per cent are opposed and 31 per cent are undecided.
- At the FVREB, of those who have already decided how they want to vote, 74 per cent of FVREB respondents support the initiative and 26 per cent of FVREB respondents are opposed.
Opposition to the proposal remains consistent with the June poll, while support has increased. This is because some previously undecided voters have chosen to vote yes. Of the 15 per cent of undecided voters across the participating boards, more than 64 per cent said they’re leaning toward voting yes.
“December 6 will be a landmark day for our profession. We want to see all our members come out to this meeting and vote,” Charles Wiebe, Board president
About the Vote
- The meeting will take place at the Abbotsford Tradex, 1190 Cornell Street.
- Registration and breakfast will be available starting at 7:30 am. The meeting will begin at 9 am.
- For more information about the meeting and to get a proxy, visit REALTOR Link®.