Nominations for the 7th Annual Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards are being accepted until Friday, September 22.
New institutional, commercial, industrial building, multi/single family, recreational or renovation projects completed between January 1, 2016 and August 31, 2017 in the Fraser Valley from White Rock to Chilliwack are eligible to be considered.
Each submission will be judged on the categories noted:
- Does it complement the surrounding properties and area?
- Is it esthetically pleasing?
- Are there unique architectural features?
- What is the level of finish (choice in construction materials)?
- Does it answer a specific development need within the community?
- Does it contribute to a healthy, sustainable community?
- Does it have any environmentally friendly or green elements for possible consideration?
There are 12 categories of awards for Mixed Use (Commercial/Residential):
- Community Institutional (Churches, Schools & Government Facilities)
- Retail/Shopping Centre
- Community Recreational
- Senior’s Housing
- Commercial Renovation/Restoration
- Green and Wood Construction
- Civil (roads, bridges, infrastructure)
Last year, the Hub at King George Station in Surrey won the Judges’ Choice, Best Overall Entry Award.
The awards will be presented to the winners on Thursday, November 2 at the Coast Hotel in Langley, located at 20393 Fraser Highway. The Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards are produced by Invest Northwest Publishing Ltd.
The Fraser Valley Real Estate Board is one of the sponsors of the event.
Submit a nomination by Friday, September 22, 2017
- The nomination form can be found on REALTOR Link®.